Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Elevation

THINK JUST BECAUSE YOU CALLED OR DELIVERED A FLYER THAT YOUR JOB IS DONE? THINK AGAIN!

We don't receive inbound calls from businesses wanting Aflac or Everwell's zero-cost benefits program. Consequently, canvassing and elevating means nothing without a follow-up. So be ready to call them back.

On Day 2, you should have a shortlist of numbers or a stack of business cards from places you canvassed.

YOUR FOLLOW UP CALL OR VISIT SHOULD SOUND LIKE THIS: 

"Hi, is this (Name of Gatekeeper)? Hi! It's ___________. We spoke on Monday! I was the one (wearing/saying) the _______."

"I'm just calling to follow-up with the ______ (I left behind). Is (NAME OF DM) available to talk? 

WHEN YOU GET TO THE DM, SAY THIS:

"Hi (NAME OF DM), my name's ____________!"

"I'm calling to follow up on the ________ that I left behind. Did you get it?"

"I work with (NAME OF OTHER DM) down the street, and he suggested I might give you a visit. I'm with Everwell business solutions. We're a new small-business platform."

"The reason for my call is to set an appointment. With (NAME OF OTHER DM), we were able to reduce his worker's comp and lower his payroll taxes, all at zero cost. I think we've got a few solutions that could save you a respectable amount of money." 

"I'd love to set up a time to talk for a few minutes to learn about your business and see if we'd make a good fit." 

"How is next Friday at 2pm?" 


***...AND FOLLOW-UP SYSTEMATICALLY***
Follow this for any prospect that either ignored your first touch or provided some initial positive contact, but has grown unresponsive:

Start by making a phone call or some other initial contact.

Follow-up Week 1:
2. Send a letter / Thank You Card / Something in the mail
3. Visit and establish a name to face. Get a business card of the DM.

Week 2:
4. Send an e-mail (can be a digital version of above)
5. Call again

Week 3:
6. Visit and bring a GIFT (under $25 max).
7. Email to reinforce the gift

Week 4:
8. Mail a personal hand-written note

Week 5:
9. Call
10. Email to reinforce the call
11. Visit

If no response after 11 touches, then move the prospect to a "passive touch." This means call or email them once every three months, and then place them on a newsletter blast list.

Prospects need to be touched 7 times before they remember you and your message!

No comments:

Post a Comment